05 May CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
The Commonwealth Association of Technical Universities and Polytechnics in Africa in partnership with Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions will hold its next international conference in June 2016 in Mombasa, Kenya
Theme: Strategic Involvement of TVET Institutions Towards the Attainment of Post – 2015 Sustainable Development Goals in Africa
CONFERENCE VENUE & DATES
The conference shall be held at PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort, Convention Centre & Spa (Shanzu) Mombasa from 5th to 11th June 2016
Papers on the conference themes are invited; and abstracts, maximum 250 words should be submitted to CAPA Secretariat through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 2nd of May, 2016.
Registration Fee for the conference and research workshop session is $ 500 (Kshs 50,000). Please visit https://www.capa-sec.org for details on payment and registration
The opening keynote address at the conference will be presented by Professor Gituro Wainaina, Director General of Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat. His Excellency Dr. Martial De-Paul Ikounga, African Union Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology, will also address the main plenary of the conference on Africa’s TVET strategy.
Other key speakers include:
1. Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire – Senior Special Adviser to The President of Nigeria on SDGs
2. Prof. Thobo Mayekiso – Vice Chancellor, University of Mpumalanga, South Africa
3. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Francis W. O. Aduol – Vice Chancellor, The Technical University of Kenya, nairobi
4. Prof. Lourens van Staden – Vice Chancellor and Principal, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa
5. Dr. Simon N. Gicharu, CBS, Founder and Chairman, Mount Kenya University, Kenya
South Africa College Principals Organisation.
6. Ms. Hellen M. Ntlatleng – CEO and Principal, Ehurhuleni West College, Germiston, South Africa, & President, South Africa College Principals Organisation
7. Prof. M. S. Makhanya – Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of South Africa
1. Jeff N. Kariuki – KATTI National Chairman
2. Dr. Olubunmi Owoso – CAPA Secretary General
INVITATION FOR PARTNERSHIP AND SPONSORSHIP:
KATTI and CAPA invite the corporate world to partner in the conference. The following options for sponsorship are available:
Diamond Level 20,000 USD (Kshs 2,000,000) available to one sponsor
Platinum Level 15,000 USD (Kshs 1,500,000) available to two sponsors
Gold Level 10,000 USD (Kshs 1,000,000) available to three sponsors
Silver Level 5,000 USD (Kshs 500,000) available to ten sponsors
Exhibition Stands are available at $ 300 (Kshs 30,000)
HF Foundation ,City & Guild
For more information contact:
1. P. Nduku Mutua: +254 (0) 723-502952 2.
2. Jane Maina: +254 (0) 723-811159
3. Kioko Muoka: +254 (0) 722-464817